Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Google needs to revamp its search technique

So I have moved home yet again... and hopefully this would be the last time for a long time now. I can't carry those things up and down the stairs once again.

Anyway moving home means getting a new broadband connection. So i set out for my quest to find the right broadband for me. I download a lot and i waste a lot of time online, so obviously need a service provider that's sort of efficient. Can't expect too much though because of the high level of incompetence and lack of consumer pandering. So i settled for Airtel broadband.

I have been searching all day for a contact for Airtel BB for Noida. And have not had any luck as yet. One of the main reasons is that all the results that i get on Google are over 3-4 years old. And i have to sift through all the content to find one measly piece of information. If there was a search option to not show blogs and articles that were more than a year old it would have helped. I would have saved a lot more time and maybe i would have found what i was lookign for.
Well i was looking for an Airtel broadband engineers contact number so that i could tell him to connect me to the world. But all i got was a "we'll get back to you" option on the Airtel site. Even customer care can only promise a 48 hr revert, and i don't have the time or the patience to wait so long. I want a connection now.

So if Google could just make search more specific and more relevant it would have been better. Most sub search engines have these facilities, so why should the Big guy be any different.

Anyway, if anyone knows one of the dude's numbers please let me know so that i can contact them and get online SOON!!!

1 comment:

Chipmonk Gill said...

9810012345 - call and get the details you want.... shdve just asked!!!!