Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The easiest way to set up a Linksys router with the Airtel Modem

So i finally purchased the brand new WRT54G2 Linksys Wireless router and unfortunately i decided to install it at night. which basically meant I didnt have a night. DAMN!

Anyway after reading a thousand blog and forum posts and wasting precious zzzz's, i stumbled upon the Call center number of Linksys in India in the morning while i was chatting with their customer care. Some lady suggested i call them up.

I read stuff about changing the IP address, I read about restarting computers etc etc. Man people have written a LOT of helpful things, but the problem is that when ever u have a problem, it happens to be unique. In my case i had a 110BX Beetel modem (am gonna get back at Airtel for giving me the older model) and i had a brand new Linksys WRT54G2 router. All night my head was spinning trying to figure out why the router wouldnt work. And while in office i some forum made me believe that probably my modem wasnt compatible with the new router. This created even more useless anxiety. I just couldnt NOT have fixed the router.

Anyway so i sat all day in office waiting to get home so that i could call us customer support and set up the damn router.

So i called them up and spoke to a guy called Akshay. He seemed to have predicted the problem, coz it seems that most Airtel modems have issues with Linksys routers. So in a jiffy he got me started and helped me sort out the problem. He helped me configure the entire thing so fast that i wish i hadnt wasted those precision zzzz's.

Anyway for all those who have an Airtel DSL connection and a Linksys router, all you need to do is dial 18004195797 (Toll free) and ask them. They'll help you real time. Forums are great and generally solve all our problems, but the fact is that these guys are faster and know the exact problem and the exact solution.

am so kicked!
Yay!

No comments: